Sometimes I like to think about what Paul would do if he lived in our generation and our century. How vast our communication circuit is! Just imagine if Paul would have been able to send an email to the Corinthians and that very same day they would have been able to receive the sweet Truth and to spread it like wildfire!
Would they have been so eager to receive it?
I think of my brothers and sister in Honduras and El Salvador. Very few times are they allowed on the internet to receive emails and communications, but it is still something they have access to. They are encouraged and grateful for correspondence from brothers and sisters.
Good news is good news, whether it comes from pen and paper or as a sweet email.
Or a podcast!
John Piper's website Desiring God is full of wisdom and knowledge coming from the Good Book and is used by millions for study of the Word.
We have the Bible everywhere!
On our phones, on our computers, on the television. How great it is for us, my generation!
But what are you doing with these gifts?
Dear Friends, I write to you in exhortation and in guilt. I, myself, am guilty of not using the gifts we have been given to their full extent. Even while I sit here on facebook, youtube, reading email, I fool myself into saying "I don't have time for devotions today", "I don't have time for a study". Really? Really? How much time do I have for facebook? For Tumblr? For watching a movie?
Would Paul be appalled with the ratio of time of uselessness to time well spent?
How would Paul use the internet?
Just a short thought.
Love Always,
Christina
No comments:
Post a Comment