Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Let me tell you bout my best friends (BONUS POST)

Haha like I'm popular enough to announce bonus posts.

But for real. I've been reflecting on how blessed I am and had to write about it!

See those ladies over there? Yeah I'm over there but ignore me. I really do like that shirt, though.

 But anyway those cool ladies.

So, let me tell you about how blessed I am and how much the Lord must love me for all He's given me.

Those two are my cousins and best friends. That's right, cousins AND best friends. I'm sure I've mentioned this before. But a short time ago the Lord was gracious enough to have chosen to begin changing and sanctifying their lives as they became apart of my heavenly family as well. How many times I had prayed to God for Godly sisters to fellowship with me, and how many times I prayed for these two's salvation. I never knew He would answer both at the same time.
After initial growth they both seemed to just EXPLODE with desire and passion for the Lord and it's been so amazing and so encouraging to watch them become such beautiful women inside and out.

Cousin 1 (Left) has always been such a star in my eyes. Haha, I thought she was seriously the coolest while growing up. She's a couple years older than me, so of course, a couple of years ahead of my game. I tried to be like her, she was sarcastic and funny and had older high school friends. She would let me hang out with her and I thought I must be pretty darn cool for her to like me. I picked on Cousin 2 because that's what she did, I mean she was a full year minus two weeks younger than me, so lame ;). I watched as she struggled through being a teenager and different trials and that's when I truly began to love her for her. Before I just thought she was cool and wanted her to think I was cool, but when I got closer I saw the real her, (not that she still wasn't cool, it was just a different cool), and loved her even more for it. The way she thinks often gets me to think about things, and I love when she writes. I wish she would write more so I could know her thoughts. I think no matter how old we get she'll still be the coolest in my mind.

Cousin 2 (Middle) was born two weeks before my first birthday. We really didn't get along until teenage years. Even then we weren't the closest, but at family gatherings we could hang out and get along. She would always force me to be Ken, Aladdin, The Evil One when we played Barbies. She never let me play with the princess Barbies!!!! (Still bitter). Haha just kidding. Kind of. But, we slowly became closer and as she grew closer to the Lord the Lord revealed to me just who He was crafting within her, not only a beautiful woman, but my best friend. She knows pretty much everything about me, and I believe I the same for her. She's the person I go to for advice, she sees things differently than I do, and it's beautiful to me. We don't always agree, but we don't need to, we love each other enough to respect each other. She's talked me through sin issues, heart break, and triumphs. We laugh every time we're together and I enjoy just listening about her day and telling her about mine. I don't know where I'd be without her.

They are such an important back of my support system, I would be a mess without them!

I'm so lucky

Filled with so much love,
Christina

1 comment:

  1. I love you soooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!
    I might even let you be in my wedding ;-)
    <33333

    ReplyDelete