Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Good hair, ducks and books {April Snapshots}


April 4th!
Today has been a good day.

See, some people don't understand what I mean when I say I love spending my day with kids. Like seriously.

I think kids are the coolest.

Anybody who thinks the word "Pootie pa-tootie" is hilarious and laughs as if its the first time they've heard it every time it's said is cool in my book.

And whoever looks at me and says "You have a zipper on your shirt...... APRIL FOOLS." Is cool. It's so funny because he turns to his friend and says "I told her she had a zipper, I April Foolsed her so bad. I got her." I wasn't even mad.

Later that day, same kid who April Foolsed me was telling me about some books in the library. When he told me that his friend was still looking for books and I was about to respond with "Hmmm, well we gotta get going soon..." He screamed "JINX" And congratulated himself for getting me good, I took it because he was just too awesome to say no to.

Oh, I did observation hours at the elementary school today.
I have to do some for my class, but I love it anyway and I'll probably keep doing it afterwards too. I'm in a first grade classroom. I seriously wish I could show you pictures of these guys because they're some of my favorite people to be with. From the hug hello to the hug goodbye I love every minute with them and can't wait until I'm a teacher and can do this everyday! How cool! But I want to protect them and just don't feel comfortable posting pictures of them. So they'll remain faceless. They're all adorable though, just so you know.

So along with the observation I try and help the teacher any way I can and any way she wants me to. So today she had a list of things and this included putting together ducks they had colored before. This entailed me gluing pipe cleaners to the ducks to make little umbrellas, the umbrella part made of wall paper cuttings. You can see a picture of one of them, top right. I get to do crafts for a job! What!

We ended the day with a trip to the library for them to check out new books and hear a story from Mrs. T. It was so much fun and I opted to stay there with them.

I've decided another thing I want to do in the future is own a children's books store. There's a long lilst of big things I want to do in the future. Maybe one day I'll list them and post them on here. Sound good?

So after a fun afternoon I went to my youth group and spent time with some more of my favorite people.

Seriously, the Lord has blessed me with being able to live and work with things and people that I just enjoy. I love people, I love kids. I love children. I can't explain it, I just l.o.v.e. kids.

He is so good to me.

What are some things you love, reader?

Love Always,
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment