I am a horrible blogger and I am sorry to you who actually reads my blog.
Not only have I not written in so long but I also have been only posting my April Snapshots.... and I want to write some quality stuff that you guys may be interested in. But I have no time for life... sooooo it's hard.
But! There is a light at the end of the tunnel! Finals week is in a few weeks and I will have time to think and actually tackle the mountain of crafts I have waiting for me to indulge. Sooo Crafty blog posts soon? Hopefully! Yay! I have some things already lined up that I want to do so woohoo!
So.... here is what my life has looked like for the past week and few days. And briefly explained because I have a lot of days to talk about!
I think I left off with last friday!
Which was Good Friday!
April 6th was a fun, out of the ordinary day! I was given the day off, which was a blessing and was able to go spend time at the school I observe. I was able to help with the Easter egg hunt and the celebrations for the day. I loved it. I love those kids. And I got some Easter goodies, too. :)
It also was the one year "Birthday" For my sweet sweet friend Liquey. "Birthday" meaning she's been a Christian for one year! So we went out for sushi to celebrate! Haha my second night in a row for half off sushi. They have.... interesting decorations at that place haha
April 7th
Saturday we had a car wash to raise money for a well in Nigeria. After some confusions and frustrations (The fact that the place we did it at scheduled two car washes at the same time and we were short on people) we got together and did a good job and raised a good amount of money for the cause! I was so tired and afterwards I just wanted to collapse in a little ball and cry myself to sleep, but Morgan was in town so I went to see her and Mocha. He's one of the sweetest and constant men in my life.
I mean look at that face! How could you not instantly fall in love with him? He made me feel a little better and I hung out with him and Morgan out on the porch. My mind is kind of blank about the rest of the day, (since it's been so long, ahem).
April 8th!
Easter Sunday! It was a great day :). Went to church to celebrate the Risen King and that afternoon headed over to my cousins' parents house for Easter lunch. It's so great to be with my family. And it was such a relaxing afternoon that made me grateful for the relationships I have with my cousins. We had no Easter egg hunt :( But oh well!! The four of us, Cousins, Danno and myself decided to go watch the sunset that evening and squished into Danno's truck and headed to the beach. I'm so excited for the wedding in August and I love how my family is coming together. It makes me excited for the future and so grateful that my family is made up of my best friends.
April 9th!
Boooo Mondays. Mondays are hard days. I typically have such relaxing and great weekends that Mondays make me want to cry in the morning. And this weekend was particularly great so it was haaarddd!
But I find small ways to keep my sanity and recently I've been getting back into video games, particularly Kingdom Hearts, and I've been playing through the series when I have some time to play. I've forgotten how I love video games and how I love Kingdom Hearts, and it's nice to have a pastime, though I have to be careful not to commit too much time.
April 10th!
Tuesday, not as bad as Mondays, but not as great as Wednesdays. They're okay, I work in the afternoons and my nights are free, but it's still the beginning of the week and I usually feel like I'm still trying to wake up!
But this Tuesday evening I went out to celebrate with a friend who passed her nursing exams! I went to a fairly new restaurant that I hadn't been to and got a yummy dessert.
They call it a pizookie, and it's like the dessert I got while at Lou's in Chicago. Basically it's cookie dough baked in a small, pizza-like pan, not totally cooked so it's kind of doughie, and while it's still hot they dump some ice cream on it and serve it to you. It was good, not as good as Lou's, but good :). And I was happy to celebrate with my friend as she has this burden lifted off of her shoulder. She's a hard worker and deserves it. I can't wait until I'm finally done with my schooling, which seems like it may never happen!
April 11th!
Along with playing Kingdom Hearts again I've been listening to music that I used to listen to a long time ago. Just something about the music in that game. I love it! Pandora helps a lot because some of the music I forgot about floats on by again and I'm finding myself thinking "Oh yeah, I forgot about this song, I used to love this song!"
My music tastes varies from time to time and it's fun to revisit old tastes soemtimes. Some old music taste shouldn't be revisted thought. Haha yikes!
April 12th!
Was Thursday. I remember it being a hectic day. I did a group report on Scientology which was fun because scientology is a little nutso! The day was somewhat uneventful except I've been listening to some new music and it's really good! I love Noisetrade.com so much! It's legitimate free music and it's good music too! My current favorite it The Vespers. They're a folky sounding band and they're songs seem to be Christian based, I haven't researched them too much but I know they sing about Jesus and that's a-okay with me!
April 13th!
Fridayyyy! The day I workkkk all day. But that's okay because it signifies that it is once again the weekend and that evening I usually go out with my parents and they pay for my dinner (as a college student, this is always a plus! If your parents want to pay for you take advantage!). It won't last forever! Haha
Well when we went out to dinner we ended up seeing some of the Kowalski clan which was a surprise! Steve had just come down from Alaska where he's been for like the past half years or something like that so it was good to see him! I've known this family for what feel like forever! We used to go to church and co-ops and stuff together. Being two homeschooling families we saw each other often. Now we hardly ever see them, and it's nice to catch up. Steve has become a mountain man with all his facial hair, haha. But it was great to hear about what he's doing up there and how differently life is. It get's SO cold! Ah!
April 14th!
Beautiful Saturday with nothing to do! I love days when I have nothing to do because it's a time to breathe. Now, understand I love being busy and having things to do, but, that just means that I enjoy the do-nothing days all the more, I see them as precious. So this day I decided I wanted to spend some sweet time with my cousin and we headed for the beach.
Little did we know it was Earth weekend and EVERYONE was at the beach! Haha. See that picture?! That parking lot is NEVER full. That's all the way at the end of the island, but still, it was packed! Blahhh!
We found a remote spot, though, and enjoyed the sunshine and each other's company. We usually have great conversations because even though we're different we are understanding of each other and challenge each other to think differently sometimes. I'm burnt as a crisp now, and my skin is asking "Why did you not put on sunscreen?!" But the time was beneficial to me and it was a relaxing afternoon.
April 15th!
Sunday, one of my most peaceful days. Church was great and the message was abotu how for Paul, Christ and His Cross was his obsession and what he boasted in. Such a good message and such a reminder to put your priorities in line. Then Crossroads was great, we're still going over Colossians and it's been a really great study to be apart of.
After church I went to Kasey's bridal shower. Kasey is someone I've known since we were five, we grew up on the same street. While it was great to be there for her, I couldn't help but thinking how weird it was. See those ladies up there (Kasey in the middle), I've known each of them since we were kids. The girl on the left, I met through Kasey, they went to elementary school together, and the girl on the right I met through Kasey because she lived in the same neighborhood, around the corner from our street. And now we're all adults and growing up and having kids and getting married and it all just seems so surreal to me. She gets married May 19th and I can't wait to be there to celebrate with her!
April 16th!
Yayyy! That was yesterday! And a Monday, ughhh. But it was okay. I went to classes, did what needed to be done and went on a Brother-Sister date with Drew. It was kind of a slow day and I took a nap but it's just one day closer to being done with this semester. It was nice to have some one-on-one time with Drew, we're both super busy and don't have a lot of time to catch up, but it's needed because he's super important to me and I want us to make time to stay connected. I'm so thankful for the brother God has made him to me and I don't know how I would have handled some situations in my life if he hadn't have been there.
It's fun to look back on our lives and to talk about old times and people we used to know and to wonder where they are now. It's kind of cool to have someone who went through some of the same things Since we both graduated from the same class, had the same friends and saw the same things, it's cool to see how we've both grown. I think maybe that's a small reason why I trust him over some other people, because he knows who I am and I know who he is. We've kind of gotten over that stupid "I'm not going to be myself because you may not like who I really am" phase. And we can call each other out on our crap. He's been encouraging me to stand up for myself more, and I appreciate him for that. We also call each other out for not always showing up for first service at church. Because, Lord knows, we both need more discipline with that, haha.
So that was my past week and a few days! WHEW, that was a lot to remember and talk about. Today isn't over so I'm not going to post about it yet, we'll see how it goes ;)
So, reader, do you ever find yourself so overwhelmed with life, you just want to sleep all the time?
Why not learn to enjoy craziness?
Promise to write soon.
Love Always,
Christina












No comments:
Post a Comment