They were both having a conversation about little things that they're particular on. My Child commented that she can't seem to eat food without having a light on. Like when eating while watching a movie she'd have to have some sort of light on so she could see her food. It was funny to listen to but then she ended her statement with "Just a part of the little things that make me, me." This made me smile and I stopped to think about what she had said.
I feel like people are too obsessed with being different. Being so different that no one will have anything in common with them. Unfortunately for that group, I like to lovingly refer to them as hipsters, it's becomes such a craze to be different that now everyone strives to be it. To know the latest band before they become mainstream, to be the first to have read that one book, to be the first to live in a hut made completely of hemp, I don't know! It's kind of crazy, I've felt myself swept up into it. Sure I'll wear that sweater, because no one wears sweaters anymore, and if no one wears them anymore it means it's cool. Or really my desire is that I'll make it look cool so eventually everyone will join this train and I'll be the conductor. Then once there's too many people on it I'll deem it not cool anymore and jump off it.
Have you found yourself in this mess?
People are so obsessed with being different that they fail to realize just how unique they are!
First off, you were made uniquely by a Creator who put effort into every detail of you
Your eyes saw me when I was inside the womb.All the days ordained for mewere recorded in your scrollbefore one of them came into existence.
Psalm 139:16The Lord who made the universe made you! Think of the universe and how intricate it is, now imagine a God with that creativity and power making you! How could you be anything but unique?
Not only did He create you, He created you in His image
God created humankind in his own image,in the image of God he created them,male and female he created them.
Genesis 1:27Meanwhile, for those of us who are Christians and have faith in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, not only have we been created, but born again, made into a new person internally
You were taught with reference to your former way of life to lay aside the old man who is being corrupted in accordance with deceitful desires, to be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and to put on the new man who has been created in God’s image – in righteousness and holiness that comes from truth.
Ephesians 4:22-24
So, you see, there are many things that are unique about you. You were created by a loving father who put time into you. Into your skills, into your fault. He formed your body the way He wanted, and he sees you as beautiful. You are beautiful because the Father's hand formed you. To believe that you aren't is to believe our perfect Father's work is imperfect. It is impossible!
Next time you find yourself worrying about being unique, remember that you already are.
Here's a little video that makes me laugh :). So true sometimes.
Like My Child said, there are just "Little things that make me, me" and I plan on embracing those things and loving them for the Father put them in me.
Love Always,
Christina
No comments:
Post a Comment